Tuesday 30 June 2009

Eat my goal (and some humble pie!!)

What a night! Not only did I watch that epic Murray Wimbledone match, but I flick onto Sky Sports News (every footie fan's fix for long summer months) and there it was, on the yellow scroll bar at the bottom of the screen:

"Wolves to oficially announce signing of Kevin Doyle tomorrow morning"

Fantastic! The same scroll bar that announced Ronaldo's switch to Madrid, Man City's interest in E'to and most probably Michael Jackson's death, featured the Wolves and a club record buy.

It's official folks. We have now arrived! So I take back all my misgivings and doff my cap to
Emineminem (McCarthy, Moxey and Morgan)

Right then, onto even more exciting transfer news!!!! I myself have been approached by a Premier outfit, who is on the lookout for a bit of young and hugry talent to compete in the Big League. (well, being 30 on Sunday does make me applicable, no?!)
This impending news may well make it onto the famed Sky Sports yellow scroll bar, so take a deep breath...

After a string of impressive performances in the league of Blog, Ben Smallman has agreed to ply his trade for a high flying ambitious new cyber club.
Smallman, owner of the 'everywhere we go' site, has verbally agreed to join http://www.wolvesblog.com/ for an undisclosed fee.
The sum, thought to be in the region of a pint of beer at the Clarendon, will see the award winning journalist write stories on the state-of-the art site, which can offer video links, goal footage, and technology never seen on blogs before.
Creator Thomas Baugh said today: "I am looking to become the bastion of blog, and Smallman's wise words, infectious wit and depth of knowledge was impossible to ignore.
"I have got my man and we are looking forward to working together, after I have paid him his pint."
Smallman is hopefuly that his legions of followers will make the switch to the modern, purpose build environment.


So seriously lads and lasses, I will move all my future copy to http://www.wolvesblog.com/ as of Monday, and will keep blogging on here until then. Have a look, let me know what you think.

Will you keep on following me there? I honestly reckon this could be the start of something exciting.

The lad Thomas, who contacted me through Twitter (you see, it does work!!) has some big plans afoot, so hope you will read me on there.

Up the Wolves,

Ben

What do you reckon chaps?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one mate. Had a little look around the website to see what I thought of your new home and have to say any website that has the question is Steve Bull God? as part of its contacts sheet is fine by me.

    How do we sign up to it though mate. I like how on this website you get to see who is following your blog everyday.

    Also hope you'll remember what it was that got you to the big time, and keep posting about such important topics as baldies and the latest shade of orange phil brown's skin has turned

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ben you've got to make sure you keep a sense of reality in your posts.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say, well happy with the Doyle signing!!

    Think him and SEB have got the potential to be the best centre forward pairing Wolverhampton has seen since Smallman and Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be happy if Doyle matched your strike rate mate!

    ReplyDelete