Monday 1 June 2009

strawberry fields forever...

Morning all. A new week but a familiar old weary feeling I'm afraid.

I was at Oulton Park for the British Touring Car Championship, and spent the day trying to flog as many strawberries as possible, all in aid of Breast Cancer Care.
Clad in garish pink t-shirt, I wandered near and far with crates of strawberries, in the hope of selling fruit upon fruit.
Only problem was, we had 5,000 punnets to get through, so as the legs got gradually heavier, so too did my heart, as we ended up giving the damn things away.

Picture the scene...25 degree heat, long and winding footpaths, and the Apprentice theme tune in my head as I prepare to get my excuses in ahead of the board room this week!

Sunburnt and stressed? Yep! But just need a new signing to take the blues away.

The more I think about it, the more I think we don't actually think we need many more players to supplement the squad. Two centre halves, a centre mid, and a striker. Maybe a wide man / versatile player to give Jarvis and Kites a good push.

This Polish skipper we are linked with sounds a decent bet with a bit of pedigree. We'll wait and see on that one.

So I have decided we should get Jordi Gomez, particularly as he was only ever on loan at Swansea - didn't realise that.
Centre backs? Hmm. I'm sure they are a damn sight easier to get than a goalscorer. There must be loads of Vidic clones in the Eastern Block, waiting to come and join the gravy train now the EU is so embracing.

Don't I make it sound easy.

So it's Jordi Gomez, Aarron Ramsay, Sean Davis for me at present. Dont ask about the centre halves!

Bye for now

7 comments:

  1. Read somewhere yesterday mate that we were in for a guy called Nenad Milijaš?! Didn't have a clue who he was so did a quick google search and sounds exactly like the Eastern Block player you were on about. Plays for Red Star, defensive midfielder although has apparently scored a few goals last season and is there captain!!

    May well be the shitest player ever but sounds interesting enough on paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wotcha Edwardo. I hear that deal is in the bag. Little birdy told me, but not sure how how true. I was mildly excited when Tomaz Frankowski got signed, final piece in the jigsaw and all that, but alas, he was awful! In fact, I was a better striker than him.
    I can't use that signing as a barometer for all others from Eastern Europe. Mind you, before him we had Jens Dowe! Agghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, i'd heard it was a done deal too - well pretty much. Apparently signing after the internationals this weekend/next week!! But we'll see. Really not sure if he would sign for us if he is as good as all the talk makes out and if all the other clubs linked with him are actually after him.
    Frankowski, now there is a signing we can be proud of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. had been linked with roma as they'd been keeping tabs on him last six months, could be a shrewd signing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Report in today's Daily Mail:

    Wolves are set to complete a rags to riches story for a lifelong Wanderers fan, afer targeting the starlet as their first summer signing.
    Dave Myers, who is a season ticket holder in the North Bank, could become Mick McCarthy's first new buy as he seeks a promising player with Gaelic football skills.
    The deal all hinges on a medical...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. with the pain in my knees after one nights training passing a medical is not a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive emailed Bez so hopefully he will update us with the latest Big Dave comings and goings. I think you'll get through the medical as long as we bring Barry Holmes back to conduct it.

    ReplyDelete