Monday 8 June 2009

Keep on blogging...

...I have an audience on a par with the Bescot, I have less followers than the Bradford branch of the KKK, but undaunted, I am here to crack off another week of blogging.

This bloody idea wasn't too well thought through was it?! What I expected was that we'd have signed a player by now, we can all talk about it, and we can eulogise over Super Mick and his reinforced squad ahead of the new campaign.

What we have in reality is a bit of a stalemate. Bit like an episode of Neighbours...You ignore it for a few weeks, stick the TV bac on at 5.30pm, and Harold Bishop is still fighting with Lou Carpenter over some parochial dispute at the Watering Hole (Chez Chez, Lou's Place, or whatever it is now called).
Basically, it's like my blog because you ignore me for a while, come back, and it's the same old crap!

Has anyone got any ideas of getting this out to a wider audience? I do stick an alert on my facebook page, and I also twitter it, but I do struggle. Any help gratefully received.

I blame Jez Moxey for this. I blame him for most evils in my life actually. If he really worked hard for his 350k salary (basic) then we would be talking about some high profile signings instead of bloody Neighbours.

Bit random today. On the Wolves front, there is no likely incomings from what I have read. Oh, the E & S 'gossip' column has just announced that Shane Higgs may leave us for a League One side. Excuse me while I run naked around Queen's Square in a fit of spontanious celebration. I've just creamed myself. Not.

We always keep our cards close to our chests anyway, so I'm still hopeful of a fresh face soon.

Tell you what though, we are actually victims of our own success. If we weren't so damn efficient in sealing promotion and did it in a Blues timeframe, it wouldn't feel like such a long time for a bit of action.

I will move on to other subjects then...

In recent days, I have been looking on YouTube a fair bit. My favourite clips at the moment are old episodes of Stella Street. Do you remember that classic late 90s comedy?

Here's a link... I love it! As you know, I do like my impressions, so it might just be me that loves this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkD6bjia0bY&NR=1

My top 5 You Tube viewing subjects at the moment are:

1: Steve Bull (nice bit of rare footage from 88 up there at the mo - very good)
2: Stella Street (see reasons above)
3: Shooting Stars (timeless comedy gold)
4: Ultimate Warrior (just a funny wrestler I love to watch when I get a bit nostalgic)
5: Jerry Springer audience put-downs. (there's an old guy who 'owns' a fat obese woman - look it up)

Let me know your thoughts

Bye for now

Ben

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone knows you love your impressions and if they don't they should listen to your new voicemail message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially enjoy your Gordon Ramsay! :)

    i think i must be a bit too young for Stella Street - not to rub it in or anything - hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember pigeon street but can't say I ever saw Stella Street.

    If there was a clip of you doing your Sonya from Eastenders impression on youtube it would definately be in my top 5 mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im intrigued now by the sonya from eastenders impression, not sure that one has graced the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special as in - wears an oversized baseball cap, and licks Variety Club sunshine mini-bus windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you said it mate.
    its better than some of your other weak ass efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. have you watched that you tube clip of Stella St yet then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha - i shud encourage the Sonya impression to come out then, and capture it on film for youtube - hehehehehehe

    Chris Tarrant or Gordon are deffo the favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes mate, I have added a bit of Gordon Brown to the artillery. Nothing flash, just Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hopefully it involves plenty of handslapping

    ReplyDelete