Monday 29 June 2009

Three times lucky?

I have tried to update this blog twice now, and both times I have lost all the words. I have spend the best part of an hour on it before I came to work, and for what?

At least you don't have to read the first post, which was particularly angry, downbeat and moody.

I have been in a lousy mood for a number of reasons. The French referee bottling the game agains the Lions didn't set me off on the best foot.
And last night, after finally conceding that the Beeb were right to broadcast over 100 hours of coverage on Glastonbury, the morons decided to pull the live coverage of Blur (one of the last important bands of our generation - ON THEIR COMEBACK) to show some tin whistler in Jo Wiley's wooden garden.
None of the red button coverage showed it, despite millions of people wanting to see Blur. So I missed it, along with millions of others. Oh, don't worry, you can press the red button later (24 hours after the seminal moment happened). No I can't, as I ripped the f**king red button out of the remote control in rage last night.

As for Wolves, I will keep it brief as I will doubtless lose this copy as well.

Questions:

1. Why renew Craddock's contract when we admit to not being able to meet Scott Dann's wage demands? If we are prepared to make a club record bid for him, and he had a medical, surely Craddock's freed up wages would have been better spent spread around Dann and others?
Maybe Jez is right - we didn't want him anyway.

2. Why can Sheff Utd be in the driving seat to sign Andrew Surman as they can afford the £1 million sum up front and we can't? (if media is to be believed)

3. Why tell Lita to bugger off because he is hedging his bets, when Kevin Doyle is also doing this? (if Mick really wanted Lita, would he be that flippant - I aint bothered about him to be honest)

4. Why are we linked with Andrew Surman and Tommy Smith in the first place? Surely 'plan C' signings, and plan A and B have gone to pot?

5. Why have we made virtually no progress in the transfer market so far, despite not having the play offs to blame for lack of preparation?

I think the answer to question 5 may well lie in the explanations for questions 1,2,3,4.

But yet, despite this, I believe Morgan when he says he wants to do better than a 4th bottom finish. So I'll give it another week before I completely blow my top.

(better not watch the Lions and Glastonbury coverage again or I will kill someone)

1 comment:

  1. was never a blur fan so couldn't care less about them, enjoyed springsteen on saturday though.
    What has annoyed me most about the lions is that de villiers has defended the gouging incident and says they will probably appeal the ban. what a prick.
    I've heard today we've been linked with two more players one centre half from marseille and a croatian midfielder.

    ReplyDelete