Monday 15 June 2009

First new signing! (i think)

So Nened Milijas has signed on the dotted line then! Good news, happy with that.

He does look a little bit like an illegal immigrant, but as long as he doesn't play like one, I'll be happy. Mind you, he'd be good at escaping the attentions of close markers if he was one.

Right, on to the next one. Don't think Dann was a massive blow. The good thing about this signing is the feel good effect that it will hopefully have on the fans, and it might lead to one or two more.

I hear Jordi Gomez is a target of Blues for £1.5 mill. If that is true, we have to get in there and buy him. He is class. People keep reminding me of Jarvis and Kightly out wide, and I'm huge fans of the pair of them. But we need strenght in depth. Kites and Jarvo won't play every game this season, and when they don't, i really don't want to see Wardy filling the breach. Gomez can also play in a 4-5-1 a bit narrower, so I think its a no brainer - get the man in.

I watched a bit of the Midland Masters on Saturday. Nice to see us win that again.
Benito Carbone looked a bit tasty. I am wondering if he is our 'plan c' signing?!
I did watch it live the once. Happened to be the one time in 6 years we didn't win it and got utterly smashed. But I consoled myself with the knowledge that they were a bunch of over-the-hill fat boys.
With that in mind, I can't get too excited with Micky Gooding and the boys.

Nice to see Andy de Bont between the sticks. I once had a half time penalty shoot out competition in the early 90s at home to Oxford, against Andy de Bont. Trouble was, that the goal was a temporary 7-a-side size one on the halfway line (we werent allowed in the real goal) and he was a fully grown reserve keeper. I creamed my first two pens in the top left and top right corners. Andy De Bont stood there looking bemused, (presumably wishing he wasn't facing a spotty kid from 8 yards, and was in the changing rooms) and just stuck his arms out and pawed the balls away without moving, like a distracted, irritable bear.

Quite a demoralising experience in front of 25,000 fans. I did score my third though, albeit due to sympathy rather than skill.
So it was nice to see the bloke extend his skills to old fatties as well as young spotties.

Right then, off to do some work.

Laters all.

6 comments:

  1. Not got a good record with penalties have you mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all stemmed from that pivotal memory as a 13 year old. Now you should have more sympathy for my effort in the cup last season. I was riddled with doubt, as visions of boyhood tears, consoling Dad and hunched shoulders on Molineux pitch flooded back. All Andy de Bon't fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately mate. Those 2 fly into the top corner as a kid and we don't end up losing a ball over the car park!!!

    If I ever see that Andy de Bont.......!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pen in the cup is still rising, it past the space station last week on its way to saturn.

    On other news good start to the week with our new signing, saw the gomez thing myself and thought the same thing as you ben we need to snap him up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially if he is available for only £1.5m!!! An absolute steal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy De Bont? Didnt he end up on 'Strictly Cum Dancin'(In that disgusting Tess Daly/Vernon Kaye twang. Jo got his number alright!) after he retired?
    How can anybody hit a penalty over the goal when he's been told all his life you cant hit one under it??

    ReplyDelete